4 Day a Week Special Education Teacher Job | Resource Room | Baker City, OR
Special Education Teacher Contract Job
An inclusive elementary school nestled in the historic Baker City, Oregon has partnered with ProCare Therapy to find a Certified Special Education Teacher for their 1st grade resource room class. There are about 25 students on this caseload with Mild - Moderate disabilities. This a Full Time opening consisting of a 4 day work week of about 38 hours a week. The ideal candidate for this opening will not only be passionate about their job, but also resourceful and empathetic. The district is currently only considering onsite candidates for this opportunity.
- Must have a degree in Special Education
- Must have the proper certifications and endorsements as mandated by the State Board of Education.
- Must have the ability to pass a drug screen and background check
Resource Room Teachers provide assistance to students with special needs. Common work responsibilities seen on a Resource Room Teacher resume sample are preparing education materials, adapting education plans to student needs, teaching concepts in an adapted manner, and helping students to improve their life skills. Our collection of resumes in the field focuses on skills such as instruction abilities, patience and perseverance, stamina, effective communication, and reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the data team with interpreting results, including NWEA and other benchmark assessments.
- Instruct and assess small groups in reading, writing, social studies and mathematics.
- Participate in RTI committee to identify at risk students.
- Attend IEP annual review meetings as well as RTI meetings.
- Plan and collaborate on a daily basis with kindergarten classroom teachers.
- Provide research base, data driven literacy remediation to elementary students.
- Prepare and provide professional staff development in literacy with follow-up observations and individualize coaching.
- Develop IEP's and individualize lesson plans for students receiving supplemental instruction in the mathematics content area.
- Collaborate with other teachers or administrators to develop, evaluate, or revise kindergarten or elementary school programs.
- Develop individual educational plans (IEP) design to promote educational development.
- Collaborate regularly with general education teachers about students performance relate to their IEP goals.
- Evaluate effectiveness of BIP base on meeting generalization criteria.
This is not an all inclusive list of duties for this role.
Benefits with ProCare Therapy:
- Competitive Weekly Pay
- ProCare Therapy offer competitive W-2 pay with weekly direct deposits. Compensation is negotiable and is based on the schools budget, interview quality and years of experience. Pay will be discussed on the intial phone call.
- All employees working over 30 hours a week qualify to receive benefits including Health, Dental, and Vision insurance. We also offer life insurance, 401k options, and travel assistance
If you believe you'd be a great fit for this opening or would like to know what other openings we have in your area please email Ross Mathews. To be considered immediately please include a current resume and 3 professional references in your email. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you are more interested in different caseload or openings in other area, Ross is happy to help.
Senior Director of Educational Resources
Recent SPED Jobs
- Burien, WA
- Hamden, CT
- Columbia, SC
- Bear Creek, NC
- Denver, CO
- Corvallis , OR
- Brighton, CO
- Euclid, OH
- Pistol River , OR
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SPEDJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next Special Education teacher job.