Elementary School Teacher Job | Bloomsbury, NJ
Seeking Certified Elementary School Teacher
We are now interviewing Certified Special Education Teachers to join our team in Bloomsbury, New Jersey. This opening is Full Time for the full school working with elementary school students. The caseload for this opening consist of Mild -Moderate disabilities and disorders. The district is currently only considering onsite candidates for this role. For responsibilities and qualifications please read below.
- Must have a degree in Special Education
- Must have New Jersey Special Education Certification
- Must have the ability to pass a drug screen and background check
Special education teachers are responsible for the education of students with mental, emotional, physical, and learning disabilities. For this reason, teachers must develop an individualized education program (IEP) for each student. Depending on the disability of a student teachers may be required to teach skills not normally covered in a classroom setting such as basic life skills. Additionally, teachers must help students prepare for life outside of school post-graduation. Special education teachers who work in inclusive classrooms aid general education teachers in adapting their lessons for the needs of their students with disabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administering special education testing
- Evaluating special-needs students, determining skill levels, and functional capabilities
- Modifying lessons and revising the standard curriculum to match the child’s functional capacity and accommodations
- Co-teaching in integrated learning settings
- Meeting parents and others to review goals and assess progress
- Creating materials to assist in teaching
- Helping children, such as those with cerebral palsy, who need assistance with motor skills and eating/drinking
- Providing an appropriate learning environment for students, such as those with sensory-processing challenges
- Advising parents on how to work with their child
- Instructing students one-on-one in imitation, repetition, and step-by-step problem solving
- Completing evaluative and accommodation forms such as IEPs
Benefits with ProCare Therapy:
- Competitive Weekly Pay
- ProCare Therapy offer competitive W-2 pay with weekly direct deposits. Compensation is negotiable and is based on the schools budget, interview quality and years of experience. Pay will be discussed on the intial phone call.
- All employees working over 30 hours a week qualify to receive benefits including Health, Dental, and Vision insurance. We also offer life insurance, 401k options, and travel assistance
If you believe you'd be a great fit for this opening or would like to know what other openings we have in your area please email Ross Mathews. To be considered immediately please include a current resume and 3 professional references in your email.
Senior Director of Educational Resources
Recent SPED Jobs
- Berwyn, IL
- New Boston, NH
- Springfield, MI
- Raleigh, NC
- New Haven, CT
- DARIEN, IL
- Kyle, TX
- Vallejo, CA
- Daly City, CA
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SPEDJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next Special Education teacher job.