Elementary Special Education Teacher near Goodyear, AZ
A school near Goodyear, Arizona is working closely with Soliant Schools with finding a certified elementary school Special Education Teacher to join their self-contained team for the school year. The ideal candidate is experienced with utilizing adaptive devices/technology to provide access to general curricular content to individuals with disabilities, and holds an active Special Education Teaching certificate for the state of Arizona. The director encourages and welcomes new graduates to apply.
The Special Education Teacher must exhibit a strong working knowledge of the legal requirements associated with providing special education and related services and exhibit evidence of excellent organizational and time management skills. The Special Education Teacher provides services and support to students with special needs for the purpose/s of developing special education students' success in academics, interpersonal skills and activities of daily living by implementing district approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities, outcomes; addressing students' specific needs; providing a safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities
- Diagnosis the learning disabilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required
- Counsels with colleagues, students and/or parents n a regular basis
- Evaluates student progress on a regular basis
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and/or volunteer(s) and cooperatively with department heads, evaluates their job performance
- Accepts a share of responsibility for co-curricular activities as assigned
- Full-time Position (Monday-Friday)
- Caseload: Elementary School (grades K-2th)
- We offer medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans as well as 401k with employer match
- Must have an active Special Education Teaching Certification for the state of Arizona
- Must have (or be willing to get) Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card (DPS IVP card)
- Must have a bachelor's or master's degree in Special Education Teaching
- Experience working in Self Contained Special Education Classroom Preferred
- CPI Training preferred
Able to perform the following physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodation: critical sensory requirements include general vision, corrected to 20/20, hear or listen in the normal range (corrected) and speak and give directions clearly. Able to walk, sit, stand, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, lift (exerting force up to 50 pounds), carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects up to 125 lbs.
For more information on this position, contact Jessica Williams at (770) 557-3222 or Jessica.Willi[email protected]
Recent SPED Jobs
- Phoenix, AZ
- Dutton, VA
- Hartsville, SC
- Wakefield, MA
- Torrance, CA
- Fairmount, KS
- Waterford, WI
- Draper, UT
- Leonardtown, MD
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SPEDJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next Special Education teacher job.