Elementary Special Education Teacher need in Fort Morgan, CO
ProCare Therapy has partnered with a school district in Fort Morgan, CO has an opening for a Special Education Teacher.
Job At A Glance:
SPED Opening for the 20/21 School Year:
ASAP - Jun 1, 2021
Full time position
1 Elementary School
- Develop, plan, prepare, and implement: 1.) Course content, format, structure, and schedule. 2.) Classroom materials and curriculum. 3.) Individualized Education Plan (IEP) goals, objectives, and transition plans. 4.) Scheduling of staff and meetings in compliance with IEPs.
- Instruct students in large, small, and one-on-one situations.
- Assist in the supervision and direction of special education paraprofessionals.
- Administer, edit, proofread, and grade students’ assignments and assessments.
- Create a classroom environment which maximizes instructional opportunity, supervise the behavior and wellbeing of students in the classroom and all educational settings, and administer discipline when appropriate.
- Monitor student growth and progress to: 1.) Evaluate success of the educational approaches, specialized instruction, supports, and services. 2.) Adapt support as needed. 3.) Maintain documentation pertinent to academic, social, and emotional progress and needs of students.
- Communicate students’ progress, and needs with parents/guardians and other staff as needed.
- Collaborate: 1.) With teachers, support personnel, administrators, and colleagues to enhance instruction and improve student outcomes. 2.) With the district staff and/or outside agencies to promote student success. 3.) With colleagues in team and building-based meetings and discussions.
- Demonstrate a commitment to: 1.) Understand, appreciate, and make accommodations for student diversity. 2.) Include and engage families in the student’s education. 3.) Support all Morgan County School District policies, procedures, and expectations. 4.) Provide personal and professional excellence.
- Participate in: 1.) Department, team, building, IEP/staffing, and district meetings and discussions. 2.) Student and/or family conferences and other meetings. 3.) Social, cultural, interscholastic, and extracurricular activities. 4.) Professional growth opportunities.
Salary for this opening is negotiable and will be experience-based. Please apply today by submitting your information below, or emailing your resume directly to:
Director of Educational Resources
Recent SPED Jobs
- Waterflow, NM
- Chaska, MN
- Warren, AR
- Seattle , WA
- Mount Pleasant, SC
- Arlington, MA
- Charleston, SC
- Marion, SC
- Charleston, SC
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SPEDJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next Special Education teacher job.