Elementary Special Education Teacher
Special Education Teacher - Contract Position for 2023-2024 school year
At ProCare Therapy, we believe we can positively impact communities by dedicating our time and resources to closing the gap between the number of school professionals and the amount of students needing special care.
That starts by investing in our smaller community of therapists. We offer a valuable support system to therapists and new grads, and a network of leading school professionals to school districts.
We are working with a school district that is located in Saint Paul, MN that is looking to hire a contract special education teacher to join their team for the 2023-2024 School Year.
The selected candidate will be hired on as a full time contracted employee through ProCare Therapy. A full school year contract will be awarded for you to complete. While undergoing your assignment, you will be provided with: competitive compensation, weekly paychecks, and superior healthcare benefits through United Healthcare
A Special Education Teacher plays a critical role in the education system by providing specialized instruction and support to students with disabilities or unique learning needs. The primary goal is to help students access the curriculum, develop essential skills, and achieve their academic and personal goals.
- Full time: 35 hours per week
- Elementary caseload
- Inclusion, resource and self-contained caseloads available
- Caseload will be assigned based on interview, experience and preference
- K-12th grade caseloads available if Elementary caseload is not preferred
- Hours: 7:30 - 3:30
- Pay: $33 per hour
- Assess students to identify their specific learning needs and disabilities.
- Collaborate with parents, school staff, and other professionals to develop Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) tailored to each student's needs.
- Set clear and measurable goals and objectives for each student within the IEP.
- Design and deliver instruction that aligns with the IEP goals and accommodates students' unique learning styles and needs.
- Modify and adapt curriculum materials, teaching methods, and resources to make them accessible and relevant to students with disabilities.
- Use various teaching strategies and assistive technologies to support learning.
- Create a positive and inclusive classroom environment that promotes student engagement and learning.
- Establish and maintain clear behavior management techniques to address challenging behaviors, focusing on positive reinforcement and individualized approaches.
- Regularly assess and monitor students' progress towards their IEP goals.
- Keep detailed records of student performance and behavior.
- Communicate regularly with parents and caregivers to update them on their child's progress.
- Collaborate with general education teachers, speech therapists, occupational therapists, and other specialists to ensure a comprehensive support system for students with disabilities.
- Attend IEP meetings and participate in the development of students' educational plans.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Special Education
- Active Special Education teaching license in Minnesota
- K-5th grade licensure
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check
- Competitive compensation
- Weekly pay
- 401k matching
- Insurance through United Health Care: Medical, dental and vision
- Reimbursement for continuing education
- Relocation assistance
- 10 –15 minute screening call with a ProCare Therapy Recruiter
- 20-30 Minute virtual interview directly with the school district
- Offer is typically within 24-48 hours of the virtual interview
For more information about the position, please contact Sarah Hawes at (678) 710-7738. Resumes should be sent to [email protected].Sarah Hawes Director of Educational Resources ProCare Therapy | www.procaretherapy.com 300 Galleria Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30339 O 678-710-7738
Not a match? Continue your search below.
Recent SPED Jobs
- Sun City West, AZProCare Therapy is seeking a passionate Special Education Teacher this upcoming school year for a contract position located near Sun City West, AZ. This is an excellent school district with lots of support with wonderful colleagues and students. For anyone commuting for this position, we can provide travel and housing stipends to help compensate for the drive. Job Type: Full time Onsite Start ASAP 1st/2nd Grade Structured Teaching
- Burnham, ILSoliant Education is working with a school district in the Burnham, IL area to fill School Special Education Teacher Position! This is an excellent school district, with lots of support, and a wonderful and welcoming team environment. They are ideally seeking a candidate that is already licensed that could start quickly and adjust seamlessly into this role. About the Job: Full time Setting up interviews
- St Paul, MNHiring! Full Time - Special Education Teacher - Near St. Paul, MN Sunbelt is seeking a driven individual to provide personalized education and support to students with diverse learning needs in one of our school districts. Job Details: Full time Position Elementary Caseload Standard Special Education Teacher Duties Qualifications: Special Education License in MN Must have a Master's Degree Benefits: Com
- Rohnert Park, CAA school near Rohnert Park, California is searching for an on-site, full-time Elementary School Special Education Teacher (SPED) for the remainder of the 2023-2024 school year. We are looking for a compassionate candidate interested in a full-time position, about 40 hours per week. About the position: Full-time / 40 hours a week Caseload: Mild to moderate, elementary; specific caseload details will be discussed during the interview pr
- Rohnert, CABlazerjobs is proud to partner with the local school district in Rohnert, CA to fill a full-time Special Education (SPED) position. We are committed to providing excellent education professionals to support the growth and development of students in the community. Pay Range: $30- $38 + per hour Responsibilities: Develop and implement Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for students with special needs. Provide differentiated instruct
- Toledo, ORSoliant Education is working with a school district in the Toledo, OR area to fill School Special Education Teacher Position! This is an excellent school district, with lots of support, and a wonderful and welcoming team environment. They are ideally seeking a candidate that is already licensed that could start quickly and adjust seamlessly into this role. About the Job: Full time Setting up interviews f
- Allen, INSunbelt is looking for a dedicated individual to provide personalized education and support to students with diverse learning needs in one of our school districts. Job Details: Full Time Position Open Positions in Elementary and High School Types of Disabilities: Intense Intervention Qualifications: Special Education License in Indiana Must have at least a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college Benefits:
- Avondale, AZJob Title: Special Education Teacher - Full-Time Position Location: Avondale, AZ Blazer Jobs, in collaboration with a reputable school district in Avondale, AZ, is actively seeking an experienced and dedicated Special Education Teacher for a full-time position. If you are passionate about creating an inclusive and supportive learning environment for students with diverse needs, we invite you to apply for this rewarding role. Position Overview:
- Fall River, MAK-8 Special Education Teacher - Inclusion Caseload Location: Fall River, MA Employment Type: Contracted by Procare Therapy Duration: 2023-2024 School Year Hours: Full-Time, 35-37.5 hours/week Procare Therapy is seeking a dedicated and qualified Special Education Teacher for a rewarding opportunity in Fall River, MA. As a contracted teacher for the 2023-2024 school year, you'll be an integral part of our commitment to providing quality education
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SPEDJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next Special Education teacher job.