High School Special Education Teacher Job in Chicago, Illinois
Chicago Special Education Job | Full-time Inclusion Teacher
We are seeking an experienced High School Special Education Teacher for a position located in the Chicago area. As a ProCare employee, you will be paid for your guaranteed hours as well as your overtime and indirect hours, on a weekly basis, and are offered a comprehensive benefits package specifically based on your needs. If this sounds like a great opportunity for you, I’d love to chat about it!
- 9th-12th grade
- Full school year
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at times designated.
- Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interest, and abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of established district curriculum goals, establishes and communicates clear objectives to the students for all lessons, units and projects.
- Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor as required by the teachers’ contract.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs of capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strives by instruction and action to implement the district’s philosophy of education, instructional goals and objectives and performance expectations.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis; provides progress reports as required, and communicates with parents at deemed necessary.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations.
- Diagnoses the learning challenges of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Follows the SPS a code of conduct for the classroom which is consistent with established administrative policies and develops rules of classroom behavior which are enforced in a fair and just manner.
- Plans and supervises assignments for paraprofessionals, and makes written evaluations as required.
- Maintains an ongoing program of professional growth that satisfies district requirements but also satisfies personal expectations as a professional.
- Takes an active part in the contractually -approved teacher evaluation process, contributing to a mutual agreement concerning the results of that evaluation.
- Attends building and district meetings to promote communication and mutual decision making among the staff; said meetings to be held during the extended day.
- Must be certified Special Education Teacher
- Master's in Special Education requested
- Competitive compensation
- 401k matching
- Insurance offered: Health, Optical and Dental
If you think that this may be a good fit for you, please reach out to me as soon as possible for immediate consideration.
Feel free to email over an updated copy of your resume for a faster interview turnaround!
Director of Educational Resources
If you are seeking our tele-therapy options, please also feel free to reach out to me today! We have virtual and work from home opportunities available as well and I would love to go over next steps for getting you started with our remote platform.
Recent SPED Jobs
- Lapeer, MI
- Davison, MI
- Metamora, MI
- Imlay City, MI
- Dryden, MI
- Portland, OR
- Tinley Park, IL
- Bastrop, TX
- Windsor, CO
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SPEDJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next Special Education teacher job.