Middle School Behavior Teacher- $40+ hourly
Do you have a goal of facilitating the best academic experience for special needs children? Join our team as a special education teacher and help our institution provide outstanding coursework to all students, including those with learning disabilities or other special needs.
Become part of a team that includes our special education instructors and assistants, classroom teachers, guidance counselors, administrative staff and social workers to provide the best environment for each student.
- Provide academic instruction to special needs students in a variety of subjects using evidence-based techniques such as multisensory learning, repetition or phonetics.
- Create individualized programs for students based on their specific needs to promote learning and social development.
- Communicate educational plans to parents, teachers, administrators, social workers and others involved with the student’s progress.
- Utilize positive reinforcement and behavior modification to instruct students in socially acceptable behavior to reduce incidents and maintain order.
- Keep records of all special needs students that adhere to local, state and federal guidelines to remain compliant.
- Coordinate with teachers to modify the curriculum to provide a more effective learning environment for special needs students to improve their potential.
- Administer tests to assist in diagnosing certain learning disabilities and to monitor the progress of each student.
- Instruct students in one or more subjects using discussions, lectures, demonstrations and other instructional tools to improve their grasp on the subject matter.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in special education or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience as a special education teacher
- Valid teaching credentials in IL
- Weekly Paycheck
- $40+ hourly based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) Matching
- Sick Leave
If interested, please email [email protected]
Not a match? Continue your search below.
Recent SPED Jobs
- Hartsville, SCSeeking a Special Education Teacher Near Hartsville, SC. Job Description: Seeking a compassionate Special Education Teacher near Hartsville, SC. Join us in providing specialized instruction and support to students with disabilities. Job Responsibilities: Develop and implement individualized education plans (IEPs). Provide direct instruction in academic subjects and life skills. Collaborate with educators and service providers for inclusive
- Northwood, NHWe are actively seeking a Special Education Teacher (SPED) for the current 2023-2024 school year. Please see details below: Location: Northwood, NH Contract Position | Full Time 37.5 hours a week | 8:05am- 3:25pm Start/End Date: ASAP- 6/14/2024 Caseload Details: Middle School 7th-8th Grade On site Only Zoom Interview General Duties: Case management Teaching students based on their IEPs Collaborating with teachers
- Salem, ORLocation: Salem, Oregon Position: Special Education Teacher Are you passionate about nurturing the potential of young children with special needs? Do you possess the skills and dedication to provide quality early childhood special education services? If you're seeking an opportunity to make a profound impact on the lives of our community's youngest learners, consider joining the ProCare Therapy Team as a School Special Education Tea
- Mountain View, NCWe are currently seeking a highly motivated and dedicated Special Education Teacher to join our team in Monutain View. The ideal candidate will have experience working with students with disabilities and be able to provide instruction and support to help them achieve their educational goals. Overview: Full Time 5 Days a Week 35 Hours Per Week Start: As Soon As Possible End: May 31, 2024 Responsibilities: Develop and implement individu
- Bolingbrook, ILSunbelt is working with a school district near Bolingbrook, Illinois that has a job opening for a Special Education Teacher to work in their school for the upcoming 2023-2024 school year. Job Qualifications: Illinois Special Education credentials Experience preferred but will consider new grads as well Must be a valid US Citizen Job Details: Onsite; ASAP - EOSY Full time; Caseload: various Elementary positions ava
- Elmhurst, ILA school district in Elmhurst, IL is actively seeking a Special Education Teacher to join the team. As a Special Education Teacher, you will be responsible for designing and implementing individualized instruction plans for students with various disabilities to support their academic, social, and emotional development. Responsibilities: Plan and deliver instruction to students with disabilities in inclusive and resource settings Dev
- Saluda, SCSpecial Education Teacher Position in Saluda, SC - Long Term Sub Special Education Teacher position in Saluda, SC for 2023-2024 School Year for a for full-time, on-site contract position. Qualifications: Bachelor s Degree in Special Education Must be licensed in the state of South Carolina Details: Full-time Long-term sub with high chance of renewal Caseload: Choice of K-5 or 6-8 1-2 school sites On-site Benefits we of
- Somerville, MAFull Time Elementary Special Education Teacher Near Somerville, MA. Sunbelt is seeking a dedicated and passionate Special Education Teacher near Somerville, MA. Role and Responsibilities: Develop and implement tailored education plans for students with special needs. Communicate with support staff to ensure comprehensive care. Foster an inclusive and safe classroom where students can thrive. Elementary caseload Qualifications: Bac
- Allen, TXProCare Therapy Seeks Passionate Special Education Teacher to Empower Children with Disabilities About Us At ProCare Therapy, we are committed to providing exceptional special education services that empower children with disabilities to reach their full potential. We believe in creating a nurturing and supportive environment where children can thrive and families can feel confident in their child s care. Our team of experienced an
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SPEDJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next Special Education teacher job.