Middle School Special Education Teacher Job | Social Emotional/ Behavioral Caseload
Seeking Certified Special Education Teacher
We are now interviewing candidates for a Middle School Special Education Teacher opening in Dover, New Hampshire. This opening is full time working with student with social-emotional/ Behavioral needs and will be for the full 22/23 school year.
- Must have a degree in Special Education
- Must have the proper certifications and endorsements as mandated by the New Hampshire State Board of Education.
- Must have the ability to pass a drug screen and background check
A special education teacher is someone who works with children and youths who have a variety of disabilities. Children with special needs require unique instruction by specially trained professionals to help them achieve their highest potential and strive to progress beyond their limitations. Special education teachers are patient, understanding educators dedicated to giving each individual student the tools and guidance needed to help them maximize success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess students’ abilities and craft teaching plans
- Adapt learning materials to students’ needs
- Keep track of and reflect on students’ progress
- Monitor children’s behavioral patterns and arrange appropriate interventions if needed
- Find engaging activities to teach skills (e.g. drawing and theater drama)
- Manage classroom crises and resolve conflict
- Prepare students for transition to the next grade
- Inform parents about their children’s performance and potential problems
- Coach/mentor other professionals who work with children with disabilities
- Collaborate with the support staff (e.g. school counselors and speech therapists) to create holistic intervention plans
Benefits with ProCare Therapy:
- Competitive Weekly Pay
- ProCare Therapy offer competitive W-2 pay with weekly direct deposits. Compensation is negotiable and is based on the schools budget, interview quality and years of experience. Pay will be discussed on the intial phone call.
- All employees working over 30 hours a week qualify to receive benefits including Health, Dental, and Vision insurance. We also offer life insurance, 401k options, and travel assistance
If you believe you'd be a great fit for this opening or would like to know what other openings we have in your area please email Ross Mathews. To be considered immediately please include a current resume and 3 professional references in your email. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you are more interested in different caseload or openings in other area, Ross is happy to help.
Senior Director of Educational Resources
Recent SPED Jobs
- Berwyn, IL
- New Boston, NH
- Springfield, MI
- Raleigh, NC
- New Haven, CT
- DARIEN, IL
- Kyle, TX
- Vallejo, CA
- Daly City, CA
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SPEDJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next Special Education teacher job.