Pre-School Special Education Teacher Job in Bourbonnais, IL
Early Childhood Special Education Opening
We are now interviewing Certified Special Education Teachers to join our team in the historic city of Bourbonnais, Illinois . This opening is Full Time for the full school working with pre-school students. The caseload for this opening consist of Mild -Moderate disabilities and disorders. The district is currently only considering onsite candidates for this role. For responsibilities and qualifications please read below.
- Must have a degree in Special Education
- Must have the proper certifications and endorsements as mandated by the Illinois State Board of Education.
- Must have the Learning Behavior Specialist 1 (LBS!) Endorsement
- Must have Early Childhood endorsement
- Must have the ability to pass a drug screen and background check
Early childhood special education teachers work with students who have developmental difficulties, such as speech and vision problems, limited motor skills, sensory-processing difficulties, or special learning challenges.
Students in these age groups may be newly diagnosed and the special education teacher plays a role in determining what services and accommodations they will need. Parents may still be coming to terms with their child’s special needs and will need support and advice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administering special education testing
- Evaluating special-needs students, determining skill levels, and functional capabilities
- Modifying lessons and revising the standard curriculum to match the child’s functional capacity and accommodations
- Co-teaching in integrated learning settings
- Meeting parents and others to review goals and assess progress
- Creating materials to assist in teaching
- Helping children, such as those with cerebral palsy, who need assistance with motor skills and eating/drinking
- Providing an appropriate learning environment for students, such as those with sensory-processing challenges
- Advising parents on how to work with their child
- Instructing students one-on-one in imitation, repetition, and step-by-step problem solving
- Completing evaluative and accommodation forms such as IEPs
Benefits with ProCare Therapy:
- Competitive Weekly Pay
- ProCare Therapy offer competitive W-2 pay with weekly direct deposits. Compensation is negotiable and is based on the schools budget, interview quality and years of experience. Pay will be discussed on the intial phone call.
- All employees working over 30 hours a week qualify to receive benefits including Health, Dental, and Vision insurance. We also offer life insurance, 401k options, and travel assistance
If you believe you'd be a great fit for this opening or would like to know what other openings we have in your area please email Ross Mathews. To be considered immediately please include a current resume and 3 professional references in your email.
Senior Director of Educational Resources
Recent SPED Jobs
- Berwyn, IL
- New Boston, NH
- Springfield, MI
- Raleigh, NC
- New Haven, CT
- DARIEN, IL
- Kyle, TX
- Vallejo, CA
- Daly City, CA
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SPEDJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next Special Education teacher job.