Resource Room Special Education Teacher Contract Job
Special Education Job in Resource Room Setting
Now seeking a certified Special Education Teacher for the 22/23 School Year. In this role the special education teacher will be working in a resource room setting with about 22 students who require various direct services. This position is for the full school year from August 15, 2022 - June 23, 2023 ( 186 days) working full time. Please continue reading for more information on this role.
- Must have a degree in Special Education
- Must have the proper certifications and endorsements as mandated by the Nevada State Board of Education.
- Must have Special Education License with Generalist Endorsement.
- Must have the ability to pass a drug screen and background check
Resource room teachers have a unique role in adapting the general education curriculum for their students. They assess students and help design individual education programs (IEPs) based on the assessments. They also help general education teachers implement these plans.
The resource room teacher is also a liaison between the family, the student and other educational professionals at school.
As a special education resource teacher, you are expected to:
- Evaluate and determine your students' learning capacity and adapt lesson plans according to them
- Develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs), which are learning programs designed to align more with a child's development than with grade-level expectations
- Meet with parents, counselors and other teachers to discuss the students' progress
- Oversee teacher assistants who work with these students
- Help general education teachers in inclusive classrooms to formulate lessons so children with special needs can comprehend them
A special ed resource teacher must have specific skill sets to do their jobs. Some essential soft skills for resource teachers include:
- Empathy for students
- Good, clear oral communication skills
- Written communication skills
- Ability to simplify information
- Good organization
- Ability to bring families and educational professionals together
Assessing a student's learning abilities by observing data and creating tests
Modifying lesson plans for an individual's learning abilities and style
Collaborating with classroom teachers and staff to design Individualized Education Programs (IEPs)
Communicating regularly with teachers and parents to discuss a student's progress
Assisting classroom teachers with individualized plans and tools so they can provide specific classroom instruction
Designing tools, strategies and activities to help students learn
Benefits with ProCare Therapy:
- Competitive Weekly Pay
- ProCare Therapy offer competitive W-2 pay with weekly direct deposits. Compensation is negotiable and is based on the schools budget, interview quality and years of experience. Pay will be discussed on the intial phone call.
- All employees working over 30 hours a week qualify to receive benefits including Health, Dental, and Vision insurance. We also offer life insurance, 401k options, and travel assistance
If you believe you'd be a great fit for this opening or would like to know what other openings we have in your area please email Ross Mathews. To be considered immediately please include a current resume and 3 professional references in your email.
Senior Director of Educational Resources
Recent SPED Jobs
- Berwyn, IL
- New Boston, NH
- Springfield, MI
- Raleigh, NC
- New Haven, CT
- DARIEN, IL
- Kyle, TX
- Vallejo, CA
- Daly City, CA
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SPEDJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next Special Education teacher job.