Special Education Teacher Job for High Needs Caseload | Riverdale, IL
Special Education Teacher for Grades 6-8
We are now interviewing Certified Special Education Teachers to join our team in Riverdale, Illinois This opening is Full Time for the full school year. The educator in this role will be working with 6-11 students in grades 6 - 8. The caseload for the teacher in this role is high needs/ severe disabilities. The hours for this role will be 7:50 AM - 3:30 PM and the school year is August 18, 2022 - June 2, 2023. The district is currently only considering onsite candidates for this role. For responsibilities and qualifications please read below.
- Must have a degree in Special Education
- Must have the proper certifications and endorsements as mandated by the Illinois State Board of Education.
- Must have the ability to pass a drug screen and background check
Special education teachers are caring and highly trained professionals who help students with developmental, physical and behavioral/emotional needs. These needs include mild or moderate learning disabilities that create academic challenges while still allowing students to function as normal in other areas. Students with severe or profound disabilities are more dependent, and may have little ability to communicate or physically function without assistance. For some of these students, learning life skills becomes a greater need than learning academic content.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of assessments and observations to determine the areas in which the student may need extra or modified educational services. Assessment areas may include academic performance, behavior, social development, or physical health.
- Identifies the students needs and develops related lesson and teaching plans.
- Develops an integrated plan for the education of each child by collaborating with classroom teachers, parents, psychologists, social workers, and other medical and school staff.
- Develops individualized education programs (IEPs) for each student, setting learning goals and adopting modifications as necessary; ensures each students activities and lessons are planned and organized according to his/her abilities.
- Develops and teaches lessons that provide engaging learning opportunities for small groups and individual students while meeting required specifications of IEPs and 504 plans.
- Implements IEPs, provides ongoing or follow-up assessments, and continually tracks progress and makes modifications as necessary.
- Collaborates with classroom and homeroom teachers to ensure each students needs are met and plans are followed.
- Ensures programs comply with Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA); ensures each applicable student is provided with Free Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) that is properly modified for his/her individual needs.
- Develops, completes, and maintains all paperwork mandated by local, state, and federal guidelines, laws, and regulations.
- Maintains knowledge of special education teaching methods, research, and best practices through professional development and study.
- Establishes and enforces classroom management structure and rules that ensure the academic engagement and the physical and mental safety of all students.
- Celebrates the achievements and successes of students.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Benefits with ProCare Therapy:
- Competitive Weekly Pay
- ProCare Therapy offer competitive W-2 pay with weekly direct deposits. Compensation is negotiable and is based on the schools budget, interview quality and years of experience. Pay will be discussed on the intial phone call.
- All employees working over 30 hours a week qualify to receive benefits including Health, Dental, and Vision insurance. We also offer life insurance, 401k options, and travel assistance
If you believe you'd be a great fit for this opening or would like to know what other openings we have in your area please email Ross Mathews. To be considered immediately please include a current resume and 3 professional references in your email. Please include what type of caseloads you'd be most interested ... i.e self-contained, resource room, etc..
Senior Director of Educational Resources
Recent SPED Jobs
- Exton, PA
- Rosemont, IL
- Whiteland, IN
- Green Oaks, IL
- Ann Arbor, MI
- Rockford, IL
- Daly City, CA
- Daly City, CA
- Dundee, MI
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SPEDJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next Special Education teacher job.