Special Education Teacher Job near Westmoreland, IL - Full Time
A local charter school is looking to hire a Special Education Teacher to maximize the learning experience of students in resource classrooms providing both push in (coteaching) and pull out (resource room) minutes to scholars in Kindergarten through 8th Grade.
Typically, Special Educators at Galapagos work within a specific grade band (K-4, 5-8), but this is subject to change based on the caseload from year-to-year. We are looking for educators who are open to working with scholars in all grades K-8 and are able to do case management.
Special Education Teacher Job Responsibilities:
- Maximize time on task by ensuring that all classroom lessons and activities are directly tied to standards
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development, frequent professional development, and feedback/coaching meetings.
- Design and implement targeted daily whole group and small group lesson plans, as well as assessments that measure progress towards academic standard.
- Use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices.
- Be accountable for scholars' mastery of academic standards
- Ensure a structured, orderly, and calm classroom environment through the use of Teach Like a Champion, Calm Classroom, and Responsive Classroom techniques.
Special Education Teacher Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must have an Illinois Special Education Type 10 teaching certificate or LSBI and be willing to do case management
- Weekly pay
- Dental, group life, vision, and liability insurance.
- 401(k) retirement and savings plan.
The charter school located near Westmoreland, IL is currently interviewing Licensed Special Education Teachers. If interested, please apply and upload your resume (please include all certifications and schools experience).
Megan Shahan | [email protected] | 813-688-9170
Recent SPED Jobs
- BELLWOOD, IL
- Sumter, SC
- Uniontown, PA
- Hamden, CT
- Rock Hill, SC
- Atlanta, GA
- Gresham, OR
- Anderson, SC
- Grapevine , TX
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SPEDJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next Special Education teacher job.