Special Education Teacher | K-6 | Mild/Mod
Do you have a goal of facilitating the best academic experience for special needs children? Join our team as a special education teacher and help our institution provide outstanding coursework to all students, including those with learning disabilities or other special needs.
Become part of a team that includes our special education instructors and assistants, classroom teachers, guidance counselors, administrative staff and social workers to provide the best environment for each student.
- Provide academic instruction to special needs students in a variety of subjects using evidence-based techniques such as multisensory learning, repetition or phonetics.
- Create individualized programs for students based on their specific needs to promote learning and social development.
- Communicate educational plans to parents, teachers, administrators, social workers and others involved with the student’s progress.
- Utilize positive reinforcement and behavior modification to instruct students in socially acceptable behavior to reduce incidents and maintain order.
- Keep records of all special needs students that adhere to local, state and federal guidelines to remain compliant.
- Coordinate with teachers to modify the curriculum to provide a more effective learning environment for special needs students to improve their potential.
- Administer tests to assist in diagnosing certain learning disabilities and to monitor the progress of each student.
- Instruct students in one or more subjects using discussions, lectures, demonstrations and other instructional tools to improve their grasp on the subject matter.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in special education or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience as a special education teacher
- Valid teaching credentials in CO
- $34+ hourly based on experience
- Medical, Dental ,Vision
- 401(k) Matching
- Travel Assistance
If interested, please email resume to [email protected]
Not a match? Continue your search below.
Recent SPED Jobs
- Woodland Park, COExciting Opportunity in Special Education! Join Us Near Woodland Park, CO Blazer Jobs, in collaboration with esteemed schools in the Woodland Park, CO area, is thrilled to announce a fantastic full-time opportunity for a passionate Mild/Moderate Special Education Professional. We are on the lookout for experienced and dynamic individuals to join our team and make a positive impact in the lives of students. Position: Mild/Moderate Special Educ
- Colorado Springs, COHiring now a Licensed-Only Special Education Teacher until the end of the school year. Location: Colorado Springs, CO (30-minute drive north) Duties: Full time 37.5 hours/week Onsite only Hourly pay starting at $35-40 Dates: ASAP – 5/23/2024 Caseload: K-12th mild to moderate special needs Pull out & small groups for direct student services to meet student IEP goals Paraprofessionals will push in IEP writing, process monitoring
- Colorado Springs, COHiring now a Licensed-Only Special Education Teacher in elementary school with ASD pop. this school year. Location: Colorado Springs, CO (30 minute drive north) Duties: Full time 37.5 hours/week Onsite only Hourly pay starting at $32-40 Dates: ASAP – 5/23/2024 Caseload: K – 6th Higher needs in the Autism population Must Haves: MUST be Certified in SPED and Gen Ed. Curriculum Active teaching License in Colorado state Ba
- Denver, COFull Time Special Education Teacher | 2024-2025 School Year ProCare Therapy is an educational staffing agency and we are looking to employ a special education teacher for the 24-25 school year! I have listed the details of the position below for you to review. ProCare Perks Weekly Pay throughout the entirety of the assignment. Full Benefits Package includes: 401K Match, Health, Dental, and Vision W-2 Employee Job Description: Fu
- Woodland, COThe school district is looking to hire a License - Special Education Teacher this school year. Location: Woodland, CO Details: Start: ASAP End: May 23rd, 2024 Full-time Onsite Only 37.5 hours per week Caseload: elementary k-6th, primarily ASD population with higher needs Pay range at $35 - 40 an hour Requirements: Teacher in Special Ed * Licensed in State Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Special Education Experien
- Colorado Springs, COFull Time Special Education Teacher | 2024-2025 School Year ProCare Therapy is an educational staffing agency and we are looking to employ a special education teacher for the 24-25 school year! I have listed the details of the position below for you to review. ProCare Perks Weekly Pay throughout the entirety of the assignment. Full Benefits Package includes: 401K Match, Health, Dental, and Vision W-2 Employee Job Description: Fu
- Colorado Springs, COWe are seeking a passionate and dedicated Special Education (SPED) Teacher to join our exceptional team of educators in Colorado Springs, CO. The SPED Teacher will provide specialized instruction, support, and advocacy to students with disabilities, ensuring their academic and personal growth. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of inclusive education practices, possess excellent communication skills, and be committed to fostering
- Thornton, COAre you ready to make that change in your career? This is an amazing opportunity to work in a supportive environment. A school in Thornton, Colorado is seeking a Special Education Teacher to join their team for the summer months this year. Non-negotiables: Bachelor’s Degree Special Education Teaching Certification in Colorado Previous school experience required Caseload/Details: Full-Time | 30 - 40 Hours a Week ASAP - 05/23/24 El
- Colorado Springs, COAre you a passionate and dynamic Special Education Teacher with a strong desire to make a lasting impact on the lives of students with diverse learning needs? Look no further! We are thrilled to invite an exceptional individual to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO, where you'll be at the forefront of creating an inclusive learning environment and nurturing the potential of every student. Position: Special Education Teacher Location: Colorado
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SPEDJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next Special Education teacher job.