Special Education Teacher Needed For School District Near Kent, Washington
We are seeking a passionate and dedicated Special Education Teacher to join our educational team in Kent, Washington. As a Special Education Teacher, you will provide individualized instruction and support to students with diverse learning needs. Your role will involve creating a positive and inclusive classroom environment, developing and implementing specialized educational plans, and collaborating with other professionals to ensure student success.
- Develop and implement Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for students with special needs, based on their unique learning goals and requirements.
- Create a positive and inclusive classroom environment that promotes student engagement, self-confidence, and academic growth.
- Utilize appropriate teaching strategies, techniques, and materials to accommodate diverse learning styles and abilities.
- Adapt curriculum content to meet individual student needs, ensuring that educational goals and standards are addressed.
- Assess students' academic progress, track their performance, and regularly communicate progress reports to parents/guardians and other relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate with general education teachers, support staff, and related service providers to ensure a cohesive and comprehensive approach to student support.
- Implement behavioral management strategies and techniques to foster a positive and respectful learning environment.
- Utilize assistive technologies, specialized instructional materials, and resources to support student learning and accessibility.
- Provide differentiated instruction and individualized support to meet the specific needs of students with disabilities.
- Stay informed about current research, best practices, and legal requirements related to special education.
- Attend professional development activities, workshops, and meetings to enhance teaching skills and knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree in Special Education or a related field. Master's degree is preferred.
- Valid Arizona Department of Education teaching certification in Special Education.
- Knowledge of special education laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Experience working with students with diverse learning needs, including but not limited to intellectual disabilities, learning disabilities, autism spectrum disorders, and emotional/behavioral disorders.
- Strong understanding of individualized instruction, assessment, and behavior management strategies.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to effectively collaborate with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for working with students with special needs.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic educational environment.
- Familiarity with assistive technologies and instructional tools used in special education.
Not a match? Continue your search below.
Recent SPED Jobs
'23 Summer + '23-'24 Special Education Teacher near Highlands MAHighlands, MA
'23-'24 Special Education Teacher near Whitehall VAWhitehall, VA
'23-'24 Special Education Teacher near Derwood MDDerwood, MD
'23-'24 Special Education Teacher near Bethel VTBethel, VT
'23-'24 Special Education Teacher Riverside KSRiverside, KS
'23-'24 Special Education Teacher Luka KSLuka, KS
'23-'24 Special Education Teacher Mountain Home IDMountain Home, KS
'23-'24 Special Education Teacher Paxton ILPaxton, IL
Special Education Teacher (SPED) - Calumet City, ILDolton, IL
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SPEDJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next Special Education teacher job.