Special Education Teacher Needed - Fulltime Position for the 22/23 School Year in Glenwood, IL
ProCare Therapy is actively seeking qualified and enthusiastic Special Education Teacher for a full-time job opening with a wonderful school district in Glenwood, IL. The ideal candidate will hold their active LBS-1 state education licensure in Illinois and already have some teaching experience in hand. In addition to competitive hourly pay, ProCare can also offer you a generous benefits package tailored specifically to your needs! See more details below:
- Fulltime (Monday - Friday)
- 2022 -2023 School Year
- 4 openings
- PreK - 4th Special Ed Teacher
- K -4th Special Ed Teacher
- 5th - 6th Special Ed Teacher
- 7th - 8th Special Ed Teacher
Duties of the Special Education Teacher
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of all students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of all students.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, and the like to communicate these objectives to students.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
- Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Assesses the accomplishments of all students using multiple methods and provides evidence of learning as required.
Skills of the Special Education Teacher
- Knowledge of child cognitive development and different learning styles
- Ability and willingness to implement students’ IEPs
- Ability and willingness to reflect and improve instructional practices
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing conditions; ability and good judgment to take initiative to modify activities
- Ability to collaborate with general education and special education colleagues, parents and community
- Ability to work with an ethnically and economically diverse student body
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree preferred
- Must have active Special Education Certification in Illinois
- 2+ years working with students with special needs in an educational setting strongly preferred
- New Grads welcome to apply
Benefits (Full Time Employs) :
- Paid weekly (on Friday)
- Competitive compensation
- 401k matching
- Insurance offered: Health, Optical and Dental
- Competitive Compensation Plan
The school district is looking to schedule interviews as soon as possible, so if you are interested, please apply online today, and send an updated copy of your resume to me at [email protected]. I will contact you when I receive your application regarding the next steps of the process.
Have questions please contact Lauren Wilkins
Recent SPED Jobs
- Berwyn, IL
- New Boston, NH
- Springfield, MI
- Raleigh, NC
- New Haven, CT
- DARIEN, IL
- Kyle, TX
- Vallejo, CA
- Daly City, CA
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SPEDJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next Special Education teacher job.