Special Education Teacher | Oak Park, IL
Location: Oak Park, IL
Job Type: Full Time
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Full-Time Special Education Teacher to join our team for an Intermediate Instructional Special Education Classroom. As a Special Education Teacher, you will be responsible for working with a caseload of 10-12 students, with the support of 3-4 Teacher Assistants. You will be responsible for implementing the Wilson Reading System, Leveled Literacy (LLI), Bridges Math and modification of math programs, Executive/Independent Functioning skills, and other appropriate curriculum.
- Develop and implement Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for students with special needs
- Provide academic intervention and support for students in math and literacy through a variety of researched-based programs, including Wilson Reading System, Leveled Literacy (LLI), Bridges Math, and other modification of math programs.
- Monitor and assess student progress and adjust teaching strategies accordingly
- Collaborate with general education teachers, support staff, and parents to ensure student success
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student progress and communication with stakeholders
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Special Education or related field
- Valid Illinois teaching certification in Special Education
- Experience working with intermediate level students with special needs
- Strong knowledge of Wilson Reading System, Leveled Literacy (LLI), Bridges Math and other modification of math programs.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
We offer a competitive hourly rate, as well as a comprehensive benefits package. If you are passionate about working with students with special needs and making a difference in their lives, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. This position runs from mid-March to June 9, 2023, and includes a unique component of 1 hour of planning time daily, and a 50-minute duty-free lunch.
Director of Educational Resources
Not a match? Continue your search below.
Recent SPED Jobs
Special Education Teacher - Horatio, South CarolinaHoratio, SC
Special Education Teacher - Newside, PennsylvaniaNewside, PA
Licensed Teacher of Special Needs - ASAPSpringfield , IL
Special Education Teacher (23/24) - LaGrange, WyomingLaGrange, WY
Special Education Teacher - Garnett, South CarolinaGarnett, SC
Early Childhood Special Education Teacher - Hillman, MinnesotaHillman, MN
Special Education Teacher Needed in St. Paul, MNSt. Paul , MN
School Based Special Education Teaching Position 2022-2023Mason, OH
Special Education Teacher- Orefield, Williamstown, Allentown Pennsylvania and surrounding areas!Allentown, PA
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SPEDJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next Special Education teacher job.