Special Education Teacher (SPED) opening - Asheville, NC
Special Education Teacher (SPED) opening – Asheville, NC
- A great school in the Asheville, NC, area is now looking to hire a Special Education Teacher (SPED) for a current, full-time opening. Previous experience working with children is desired, but not required for this school-based job. The director is ready to review resumes and interview candidates, so please apply today for immediate consideration!
- Meets the instructional, educational, behavioral, and social emotional needs of students with disabilities in the classroom and community.
- Provides small group and/or individualized instruction to students with disabilities in accordance with the students’ IEP and the supervising teacher’s lesson plans.
- Collects instructional and behavioral data for all objectives being taught for each student.
- Implements Behavior Intervention Plans for students with disabilities.
- Collaborates proactively with general education teachers to inform them of student issues and conversations with parents.
- Responds to emails and phone calls from school leaders and teachers in a timely manner.
- Assists during standardized testing to support state and local testing processes and policies.
- Previous experience in schools or pediatric offices preferred.
- Master’s in Special Education
- North Carolina SPED certification
Employment Type: Full-time, Contract
- Work Hours: 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM. 37.5 hours per week
To learn more about this Speech Therapy job opening, please submit an application and current resume.
Recent SPED Jobs
- Georgetown, SC
- Greenville, SC
- Wauconda, IL
- Ignacio, CO
- Bay City, MI
- Red Lion, PA
- Eagan, MN
- Raleigh, NC
- Austin, TX